[wp-forums] spam spam spam

Murray at PlanetThoughtful planetthoughtful at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 16:47:17 GMT 2006

On 9/02/2006 2:35 AM, Scott Merrill wrote:
> Murray @ PlanetThoughtful wrote:
>
>> Well, hey, if you ever get the 'report this post' link thing happening
>> then maybe my input will have had a small benefit regardless.
>>

> It's a valuable suggestion.  I'd open a ticket at bbpress.org, but I
> don't see how.  I'll send a feature request to the Powers that Be.
>

>> But one last time, for the sake of posterity: please tell people the
>> rules up front. You know you want to. It's a beautiful thing.
>>

> http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_The_Support_Forums
> specifically
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_The_Support_Forums#Forum_Fair_Use_Policy
> "While the WordPress Support Forum is fairly casual, unwanted and
> inappropriate material will be deleted immediately."
>
> I shall now add a new bullet item explaining that signatures are not
> permitted.
>
> If that document isn't linked from any screen in the "create new
> account" process, it should be.  That's not something any of us can do,
> though: it requires someone with access to the bbPress source or
> templates source.

It appears it would probably go on this line from
/bb-templates/post.php, if it helps the email you are going to send:

It would be a relatively simple addition - all you'd need is an email
with a link to the post sent to this list, I assume, (or another list
set up for the purpose) from a subscribed account.

And you should be able to add a ticket from here:
http://bbpress.automattic.com/newticket

Unless you've tried that and it didn't work.

And, can I suggest a sticky on the main support page to the codex
article re: Using The Support Forums. Or including it in the search
sticky already there, since that's what I read first when I began my
ill-fated excursion into contributing?

Much warmth,

Murray