[wp-forums] A sidebar suggestion

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sat Sep 3 08:07:36 GMT 2005

More thoughts...

Why not have an 'International' link in admin-footer that leads to a
specific page that lists the known wp sites ? While knowing where the
Belgian translation file is will help some, it is in itself of little
help (our busy forums are proof of that). Having a list of known sites
though enables that Belgian person to select another language with which
they are comfortable.

If someone has gone to the time and effort to set up a site dedicated to
WP which will have cost them time, energy and money then surely we can
do some more to promote their work - after all, what goes around comes
around. And if fundraising does take place, there is no reason why their
financial needs could not be considered is there ?

If I suggested something on the hackers list that meant a user had to
click one more time than they do, my guess is there would be a huge
inquest, it would be dismissed and something better would come out of
it. What I'm saying here and in the last email is that we can go a long
way to reducing the clicking (and inevitable frustration) of
international users - and less clicks are better aren't they ?

P.