[wp-forums] search results

TechGnome tg at tannagh.com
Thu Sep 1 02:46:23 GMT 2005

I've thought the same thing.... but....
And someone correct me if I have it wrong, but I think this is because
it uses the Google API to do the search. Google simply returns the
results (presumably via XML) and the search result page simply renders
what comes back. Which is why you get the "Support Forums. Search First.
Register or Login: Username: Password: etc." at the begining of each
forum result. It's what Google sees. Personaly I'd like to see it laid
out a little differently too, but it isn't easy to build a good search
engine for a site (especialy when there's different places to search -
Forums vs Codex) that returns relevant results. Google already can do
that, and it's easier to hook up.

-tg