[wp-forums] Theme.

Vicki Frei vkaryl at allvantage.com
Sat Nov 12 16:23:41 GMT 2005

Entirely true, and I agree with your statement on Classic - which is
REALLY too bad, because it's so easy to tweak it's almost silly.  And in
fact, regardless that I have YEARS in the css/html business, I took one
look at "default's" guts and dumped it in favor of Classic to start out
with when I started with WP in February.

Yes, I suppose the stuff about default IS known, though I don't know any
of it myself.  Still, there's absolutely NO reason a plain-vanilla theme
couldn't be picked out and gone with.  There are any number of them that
don't really HAVE idiosyncracies - Gemini comes to mind, seems like I
was looking at it about when I decided to start doing my own instead,
and it seemed pretty "tame".... sure you CAN complicate it (see Jen's
takeoffs on it for instance), but it's far far less of a dingdong than
Kubrick.

I'd hate to see you become a banana, buy WHY not go back to Classic?  Is
there some sort of esoteric background knowledge I don't have here?  If
the sage green is too "dull", it could be reworked color-wise, but you
know it's just SILLY to forgo use of it as the "new default" - for which
it is absolutely perfect.