[wp-forums] vuln

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Sun Aug 14 10:05:38 GMT 2005

Live chat? Allegedly, according to the support page (it's in beta), but I've
never seen it actually set as online.

There was some discussion in their forums back in May on the subject - their
position was they were leaving it on, even though it's no longer the PHP
default, as some scripts would break if they turned it off.

They also pointed out that customers were allowed to compile and run their
own PHP installation with whatever settings they liked. Not all that helpful
to people who just want to download and use a standard package like WP, but
better than a poke in the eye, I suppose.

And one direct quote from someone who seems to work there:

"And again, there is nothing inherently wrong with register_globals. It only
makes it easier to do stupid things."

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Losing it[1] - http://lcb.me.uk/