[wp-edu] Uptime

Philip A. Erb philip.erb at scranton.edu
Wed Jun 24 22:24:05 UTC 2015

There are external services that can do monitoring for you, like Pingdom, UptimeRobot, etc.

I only have numbers on our WordPress instance at the moment (which is not our main website). The problem is, with the account we have, it only checks the site every five minutes, so there could be short outages that it misses. With that in mind, it's reporting 100% uptime for the past year. I know this isn't entirely accurate because we have rebooted that server for kernel patches.

The numbers are only as good as the tool.

Philip Erb, MCSA
Systems Administrator & Programmer
University of Scranton
Office:  570.941.4012<tel:570.941.4012>