[wp-edu] WordPress for student/organization elections

TCrabtree tcrabtree at tusculum.edu
Mon Aug 24 18:44:57 UTC 2015

Is anyone using WordPress to manage student elections or nominations? The system would need to allow only students to vote (authentication from either LDAP or a pre-populated list of students) and prevent ballot stuffing while also allowing students to vote for multiple candidates/offices.
A specific use case would be Homecoming Court nominations: enrolled students login and are presented with a list of the other students by class and can nominate up to three male and three female students per class. I have written a homegrown system for this, but it is not in WordPress and I have not created a friendly administrative back-end for it. I’d love to find a WordPress equivalent.

Thanks,
Travis Crabtree
Webmaster
Tusculum College