[wp-edu] For those who host WordPress sites for others...a question on how to let a site owner update plugins

Alba Holgado albah at law.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 1 16:45:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

You may want to look into building an infrastructure where site owners and
developers can work on a development instance.
Having a dev instance is helpful, as it gives site owners and developers a
safe place for enhancing and testing their sites without breaking the
production instance.
Once the desired change is made, the dev instance can be promoted to a
staging instance via a sync script  where site owners/developers can review
to ensure that nothing is broken.  If all looks good in the staging
instance, the site can be promoted to production.

I hope this helps.
Best-
Alba