[wp-edu] Making media library files private

VanDrimmelen, Jeff jeffvand at unc.edu
Fri Jun 1 16:02:29 UTC 2012

Thanks for this Shawn.  I hadn't thought of that. That might work for us too.

Long term I think we are moving toward using PermitPress (http://permitpress.com) for this and other membership/group solutions.  PermitPress was developed by the same guy that made RoleScoper, but it is much more powerful.  It is a new product, but has a good community forming.  An update that is due out soon will protect media attached to content items in the same way that you protect the item.  Very nice.  That way it is all in wordpress and easily managed by us and our users.

Thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions.  This (roles and group management) is a really a big thing that I think we are all so close to figuring out. :)  As an aside we have a large site with lots of sub-groups that need their own rights and we are going to manage it all through wordpress.  Exciting times. :)

~Jeff