[wp-edu] Video

Bill Dennen dennen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 19:08:25 UTC 2010

> On Wordpress, we use a plugin called "Viper's Video Quicktags" to enable
> easy embedding of videos delivered through all the standard services. I
> don't have to do much to support the bloggers using videos, so it must be
> working okay.

FYI. As you may know, since WordPress 2.9, they've included at least some of
Viper Video Quicktags in WordPress itself. No need for a plugin.

You can embed YouTube videos by simply putting the URL to the video on one
line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeGteg74mjw

And WordPress takes care of the rest. Nice.

More info: http://codex.wordpress.org/Embeds

Viper's lets you do more... but we've found the built-in functionality to
work well.