[wp-edu] Federated Authentication? Anyone thought about it?

Patrick Laverty patrick_laverty at brown.edu
Wed Sep 29 21:04:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Amy Hendrix <amy.hendrix at duke.edu> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Are you using the latest version of the WP Shib plugin? It now
> sanitizes names order to deal with the @ problem. We're using it to
> allow integration with our existing login systems, and not (yet) for
> off-campus logins, but if the problem you're having is just the name
> syntax that shouldn't make a difference. There are some details here:
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-shibboleth-username-at-risk-of-breaking-permalinks-with-author
> (note that that thread is about broken links, but it gets into user
> name rewriting further down the thread).

Thanks Amy, I added the couple lines of code suggested in that thread.
 We're testing to see if it helps.    We are using the 1.4 version of
the Shib plugin, and we do still get an error from formatting.php when
a new user successfully authenticates.  Hopefully the code in that
discussion thread gets us around the problem.

Thank you.