[wp-edu] Wordpress (Buddypress optional) for teaching

Christopher christopher at portallanguageservices.com
Sun Apr 18 16:36:42 UTC 2010

I was looking at that page, but it isn't very clear to me how to use it
since I come from  PHP not javascript.

I suppose I'd include some jquery file in the page head and I saw the
example:

|$.ajax({
    type: "POST",
    url: "some.php",
    data: "name=John&location=Boston",
    success: function(msg){
      alert( "Data Saved: " + msg );
    }
  });|||

||I really don't know how to integrate that in a game to send the score,
name of the game, and the user's ID or email address over. I suppose if
that were PHP I'd understand, but it isn't. :-)
I'd like to have a simple form included for the student to add their id
and email and when they click a button it would send the info including
the score. Yes, I could do a normal HTML form and have it "post" to my
PHP page, but again I don't know how to get the score from javascript to
go with it so it doesn't really make a difference. Without having the
score, I could only report it as a completed activity.