[wp-edu] Feed problem--new server

Joseph Ugoretz joseph.ugoretz at mhc.cuny.edu
Wed Jan 14 22:24:43 GMT 2009

Got it! Thanks, everyone!

Gerlando, Mike, Austin, Brian, Mark, Matt, Jim (I'm sure I'm forgetting
some).

What a great community.  You folks are terrific.

My hosting company uses internal DNS servers, so I added an entry there
pointing to the external ip address, and also changed the /etc/hosts file on
the server (which was pointing to the internal ip address, not the
external). Not sure which of those was the solution, but I don't think
either of them does any harm, so I did both.

And now feedwordpress syndicates those feeds just fine, wget works,
everything.

Thanks again--this was a real challenge to someone who is a linux sysadmin
only in the most illusory sense. If you guys hadn't pointed me in the right
direction I might never have gotten this fixed.

Joe
--
Joseph Ugoretz, PhD
Director of Technology and Learning