[wp-edu] Feed problem--new server

Brian Layman Brian at b5media.com
Tue Jan 13 03:51:08 GMT 2009

> http://macaulay.cuny.edu/eportfolios/catalves/wp-rss2.php

It looks like when the cache is expired on that blog, it takes a LONG time
to generate the feed. I was able to syndicate your feed after priming the
pump by manually hitting the url once.  The first time I tried to visit that
url, it timed out after several minutes.

Perhaps you can use a Cron call to keep your feed cache up to date, or
change the time out setting and update time in feedwordpress to make it do
the same thing. If you time out after 30 seconds and then update every 10
minutes, I bet it will just start working.

(Note: I am using a modified FeedWordPress plugin that no longer validates
the feed before using it. I had to use a feed that was not supplying the
right mime content type. So, as a result, YMMV.)