[SPAM:**** Score:4.419] Re: [wp-edu] CommentPress

Robert Gray rmgray at usouthal.edu
Thu Nov 20 17:08:12 GMT 2008

Joel,
I believe CommentPress is a great teaching and learning tool because it allows students to respond to course content and to each other (the paragraph-level comments also work as threads).  I use it in my classes by posting poems or passages from other literary works for them to comment on.  I also will put up written lecture material from time to time.  A good example of this can be found at http://usapetal.net/wpmu/eh216/2008/08/16/a-word-on-reading-poetry/.

I have several other blogs that are in CommentPress as well:

http://usapetal.net/wpmu/petal
http://usapetal.net/wordpress/
http://usapetal.net/wpmu/robpoems/
http://negativecapabilitypress.org/blog/

Also, a faculty colleague of mine, who teaches poetry writing, has her students post their poems to Comment Press for feedback.  She has also used it for Freshman Composition courses.

Rob

Robert Gray, PhD
Director of PETAL
Program for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning
University of South Alabama
University Library, Room 312
Mobile, AL 36688-0002
Phone: 251.461.1563
Fax: 251.460.7189
rmgray at usouthal.edu

>>> "Joel Sossai Coleti" <joelscoleti at gmail.com> 11/20/2008 10:28 AM >>>
Hi! Robert,  i don`t know the theme, can you send me the link of your blog????

Well, i am brasilian and i am studing english, so sorry in case of mistakes!

Thanks!

--
Joel Sossai Coleti
joelscoleti at gmail.com