[wp-edu] identity management integration

Mark Styles wp-edu at lambic.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 13:37:55 GMT 2008

On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 12:46:25PM -0800, Will Norris wrote:
> I'm particularly interested to hear what integration challenges
> universities have faced with WordPress.  Does your university require
> this integration and to what degree?  What interfaces does your IdM
> system provide -- LDAP, Active Directory, web single sign-on
> (Shibboleth, PubCookie, CAS, CoSign, other)?  How much success have you
> had with this integration?  Did you use publicly available plugins, or a
> home-grown solution?

We use LDAP (AD) to control access to all systems. This includes:

WordPress MU using WPDirAuth plugin.
Custom web publishing system.
SunGard HE products.
Exchange server.
Oracle portal.
Documentum CMS.

Lots of proprietary stuff in there, but I don't sign the cheques.

The WPDirAuth plugin was written in-house but it's publicly available.
The last I heard Automattic were taking over development of it but I
never got confirmation from Automattic on that.

--
Mark
http://www.lambic.co.uk