[wp-edu] Wordpress vs Wordpress MU for a school website?

Mark Styles wp-edu at lambic.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 23:37:54 GMT 2008

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 01:06:35PM -0700, D'Arcy Norman wrote:
> The service I run for the University of Calgary now has a few blogs
> running on it, with everything from student's personal blogs to full
> courses being run in it. Also, we can configure the privacy levels for
> each blog, ranging from fully open to viewable by members only.

We're setting up a similar service at McGill University using WPMU, I'd
be interested in hearing what plugins you're using, especially for the
privacy level aspect.

So far we're using the WPDirAuth plugin to handle user authentication
via Active Directory and we're investigating a way to use AD groups as a
user access level mechanism. We'll also be providing podcast
capabilities, feeding to iTunesU (I'm hoping someone updates podpress!).

--
Mark
http://www.lambic.co.uk