[wp-docs] Docs Contributor Team

Doug Sparling doug.sparling at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 19:46:22 UTC 2012

Hi Lorelle,

I would like to be more than minimally active (not sure what the "levels"
of activity are, though). Most of my contract work is WordPress development
(mostly plugins) and it's my favorite work to boot. I've also written a
book for McGraw-Hill (not on PHP or WordPress) and I'm working with another
publisher at the moment, though still in the proposal stage after knocking
around a few ideas...so, I like to write, I like to edit, I love WordPress.
I will be working with a business partner this summer on theme development,
which I know very little about, so it'll be a good experience. If there's
some way in particular I can be useful, let me know. I've been following
the this list for the last few weeks to get a feel for how things work.

Regards,
==
doug

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Lorelle on WordPress <
lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com> wrote:

> Welcome, Doug! Glad to have you on board. How active would you like to be?
> :D
>
> Lorelle
>

> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Doug Sparling <doug.sparling at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just added myself to the team a few weeks ago, so I won't show up on
>> anybody's lists. However, I would like to be considered "active." I suppose
>> if I had sent a "welcome" email, it might have helped :) I look forward to
>> contributing.
>>
>> Regards.
>> ==
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Jane Wells <jane at automattic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Docs list subscribers. You may have seen notices to the forum and
>>> theme review contributor groups recently leading to a survey intended to
>>> identify a group liaison as we begin the work of creating more
>>> collaboration and integration between contributor groups. Unlike Forums and
>>> TRT, I can't run a report to see a list of posting frequency, commits, etc
>>> (and neither can Otto), so the survey for the Docs team is a little more
>>> free form. It basically asks you to identify who on the docs team you
>>> consider to be:
>>> - most active
>>> - most helpful
>>> - best quality writing/editing
>>>
>>> If you could fill in the survey within the next day or two, that would
>>> be great. It will help with figuring out how many active contributors wo
>>> have, and as we start to talk about the possibility of organizing a
>>> contributor summit (like the core team meetup, but all the contributor
>>> groups), knowing how many people are involved, active, lapsed, etc will be
>>> important.
>>>
>>> The survey is at http://wordpressdotorg.**polldaddy.com/s/docs-**
>>> contributor-survey<http://wordpressdotorg.polldaddy.com/s/docs-contributor-survey>
>>> In an attempt to reduce spam, it is password protected: wordpressdocs2012
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Jane