[wp-docs] Network Admin: Timezone Setting

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Oct 26 22:30:31 UTC 2011

I would like to add a clarification note to the Network Admin Codex page,
but would like some direction before doing so:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Network_Admin

Recently, while updating to 3.3-nightly, I noticed that the "last checked"
timestamp was not correct; it was displaying in (what I assumed to be) GMT.
When I searched for the appropriate network setting to change to the correct
timezone, I discovered that no such setting existed in the Network Settings.

Thanks to help from Mika and Andrea, I learned that the Network Admin
observes the timezone setting of the "main" Network site, and to change the
Network Admin timezone, one must change the timezone setting of the "main"
Network site

I figure that I'm not the only person to be confused by this behavior, and
so I would like to add an appropriate note, perhaps here:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Network_Admin#Settings

Any guidance on appropriateness, location, or content - or also,
terminology? Is "main" Network site the correct term for the, erm, main
Network site?

Thanks in advance,

Chip