[wp-docs] Link Spawning Search Results

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 18:49:28 UTC 2011

You are the hero of the month! Thank you!!!!

The team worked really hard ages ago when the Codex was first integrated
into the main site to keep the search exclusive to the Codex. I think MT
was working on it but I can't remember. It was in 2007 or 2008 but I'd have
to dig to find blame. ;-)

Anyway, it was really important to not confuse people when they search. For
a while, it was broken up by Codex and other org stuff but it was combined
probably when the switch to Google search was done.

If we can't change it, then we have to up our game in writing keyword heavy
stuff in all the docs to ensure they come in first on the search. I do
automatically, but maybe it's time to go through and make sure that all the
documents get equal time in the search results.

Thanks!!!!

Lorelle