[wp-docs] Suggestions for WordPress Codex

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 17:37:17 UTC 2011

Excellent to know that these options and features are now available. Many of
them look like great ideas.

Also, many of the WordPress mailing lists have now gone to p2 WordPress.com
private or open blogs. I have been wanting to recommend that to the Docs
Team for a long time and maybe this is the time to also make that change.
I've got several WordPress.com subdomains reserved for such an occasion, and
I think we reserved Codex and others early on in WordPress.com development.

It would be a great way to create to do lists and tasks with associated
threads. I know many of you are involved in other WordPress.com P2 setups,
so I'd love your insights and advice.

Thanks,

Lorelle

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 3:30 AM, ThemeDaily Dot Com <admin at themedaily.com>wrote:

> I think it will be better if this work processed by WP staff, because we
> can't guarantee anything if others...
>

> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Jiehan Zheng <zheng at jiehan.org> wrote:
>
>> Yes. One more point, may I ask for a higher permission on WordPress Codex?
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Tommy Yang <yt940928 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I was invited by Jiehan Zheng (who is currently the maintainer of
>>> http://cn.wordpress.org) today to help translate Codex documentation
>>> into zh-cn since I'm more familiar with MediaWiki than him. I was shocked
>>> after I have read several pages.
>>>
>>> 1. Some users have added advertisement in the documentation
>>> 2. (more shocking) None of the sysops have noticed that and remove that.