[wp-docs] The main page.

Gooitzen van der Ent contact at ecodelphinus.com
Thu Aug 25 19:59:49 UTC 2011

Re layout: http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Esmi/Main_Page

1. The links at the top of the page I find confusing. Mainly because
everything is under headings, there is no definition of what I am
looking at, and it could be confused with a table of contents.

2. Under "Give Back" it says 'Volunteers Needed for Codex Documentation
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Contributing>' & 'WordPress
Documentation Team'.
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Documentation_team>Which is more or less the
same. I would keep one.

3. The same goes for the heading "Customize or create a theme". There is
overlap in the links below it.  I'm not sure how I would improve the
links titles, but maybe merge 'Theme Development' & 'Blog Design &
layout'. Also having 'FAQ Layout and Design
<http://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Layout_and_Design>' might leave people
wondering why there is no FAQ on the other topics.

4.  On "Contribute to Development" there is 'contributing to WordPress'.
When I read contribute to development I read code. There are many ways
people can contribute. Maybe something like: Contribute to coding,
contribute finanically, etc. Would help people get a sense of how they
can help at first glance, this might improve contribution.

5. I'm not sure if I am keen on having the headings in columns next to
each other. I would maybe have headings all below, and place links in
columns if needed. The first time I saw the layout, it worked confusing,
the second time I was used to it.

Gooitzen