[wp-docs] Linking to other languages on each page

Lorelle VanFossen lorellevan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 18:14:01 GMT 2009

I've posted a note to the wp-polyglots mailing list and here is the core
info we need to know.

1. I'm contacting the PTB for WordPress to get the translation bar added to
the footer of the Codex. This will only direct people to the front page of
the translation version, but it's a start. No matter what page they land
upon, they will be able to get to something in their language.

2. I've added translating information to the Codex and asked the
wp-polyglots mailing list folks to cross link between the original documents
and the translated, and vise versa to get the connection between the
languages. I've also set up a guideline for adding translation links:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Creating_a_New_Page#Translating_the_WordPress_Codex

I've also added the link to this in the Contributing to WordPress page. I'm
awaiting your feedback and then I'll blog about this and hope that others
will do the same if their audience serves this issue to help spread the
word.

Thanks for kicking us in the butt about this. We started work on something
along this line a long time ago but it's been lost in the workload. :D