[wp-docs] New WordPress Handbook

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Thu Jan 22 14:35:06 GMT 2009

I had to laugh, because I have like 6 or 7 patches for WordPress which
haven't been committed yet and I'm still waiting. I also don't think you
are being sarcastic, which I mean you know, it actually isn't too easy
to have patches committed.

Yeah, it is super easy to submit patches, we'll have to see how quick
the commit process is. It really depends on who is babysitting the
repository and how many people have commit access. If one or two people
from Automattic or outside entity have commit access, then I'll tell you
right now, that it won't be easy, based upon the patch process for the
WordPress Tests Repository. If they don't think your documentation
correction is worth it, then you'll have made the patch for nothing.

If you do think that the patch is worth it, then you are going to have
to battle to the death and debate those with commit access to death on
the correction or addition. I really don't see a lot of people
contributing to it, besides Automattic and a few other people. Really it
depends on how they implement the patch system.

Translations will be easier and I think many in the translation team
will contribute to those portions.

Jacob Santos