[wp-docs] Thoughts on User:Matt WordPress_as_CMS

Bernard D. Tremblay (ben) bentrem at aol.com
Wed Dec 30 06:07:57 UTC 2009

Lorelle VanFossen wrote:
> There have been a lot of attempts to quantify WordPress as a CMS, and
> most go over the top over explaining the difference. WordPress IS a
> CMS in the true sense of things as it manages content. The different
> is that people "think" CMS means "replacement for a static site."
Thanks for this, Lorelle. Setting out the A, B, C of that is the "other
half of the pie" I tried to refer to.
> Your article is a good start, mrmist. Would you like me to clean it up
> and update it for inclusion in the Codex?
heh apparently he doesn't recall having written such a thing. URL?
> I was hoping to get time this holiday to go through user pages and
> pull out good content, but it's not happening. Anyone else have a list
> of things in their user pages that needs attention? Thanks.
As WikiPedia attests, a sub-set of contributers write really good stuff
/every once in a while/ so they really don't surface in Recent Changes.
Not easy to winnow that stuff.

best of the new year to everyone!
> Lorelle
ben