[wp-docs] WP Codex Widget Plugin Issue

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 20:10:24 GMT 2007

On 3/14/07, Brooks Rimes <brooks at rimesrv.net> wrote:
> I hope this at least somewhat on target for this list ...

This type of question would be a good one to search for an answer to
at http://wordpress.org/support/ .

> I started looking into Widget Plugins at:
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins/WordPress_Widgets
>
> Which led me to:
>
> http://automattic.com/code/widgets/use/
>
> I downloaded a widgets.zip file which supposedly has the files for doing
> Sidebar Widgets with a server install of WP.
>
> But all the *.js files (ie. scriptaculous.js, etc.) files are missing from
> the zip.

Recent versions of WordPress (2.1) bundle the scripting files needed,
and activating the widgets plugin should be all that is needed.

If you are using WP 2.1 and still having a problem, please include
what the symptom of your problem is when you post to the support
forum.

Hope that helps,
Lloyd