[wp-docs] WP Docs Section Confusing ...

Brooks Rimes brooks at rimesrv.net
Sat Mar 10 12:42:22 GMT 2007

I admit that I'm a WP newcomer, but the Docs section is very confusing - it
is going around in circles.

If you go to http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page there are many topics
repeated there under several headings.
Example: Using Themes is under Working With Wordpress and Design and Layout.
There are many other examples.  This is confusing.

Then, if you click on a topic like Working with Wordpress:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Working_with_WordPress#WordPress_Features
you are taken to a second screen with many/all of topics from the first
screen now arranged in a two column format under different headers, but
still with no instructions or information.

You have click a third time to actually get to pages with
instructions/information on them.

All in all, its like a maze.

I apologize if people on this list were involved in creating this, but as a
newcomer, it is frustrating trying to find things and get to the actual
information.

Brooks