[wp-docs] server requirements

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 00:09:48 GMT 2006

On 4/26/06, Michael B <miklb.online at gmail.com> wrote:
> This thread
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/70152?replies=6
> points out some discrepancies.  Since I don't know the differences, perhaps
> someone who does can let me know what min requirements are for 1.2.x, 1.5.x,
> and 2.0.x.  I'll be glad to correct the info in the codex once I have
> confirmation.

As far as I know, PHP 4.1 is still the minimum requirement. Any higher
version, including PHP 5 is supported.

The user at the forum seems to be confused between the fantastico
installed WP and the manually installed WP. Removing all traces of the
fantastico installed WP would be good. Following the non-fantastico
install route with a new (or reset) set of database tables would be
the prescribed medicine :)

Regards,
Carthik.