[wp-docs] Version specific banners for Codex

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Thu Sep 1 13:10:28 GMT 2005

We talked about the different ways to set version-specific areas and
articles in the Codex. I and others have played around with various
designs but I keep coming back to clean and simple, simple, simple. The
key is clarity, easy identification and recognition, and keep the focus
on the content. As one of the volunteers here said, we need to have
these be an "attraction not a distraction".

I've set up a test document to explore our options with the simple
banners that can be turned into templates for use on the Codex at
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Lorelle/Version_Banners. I've also
consolidated the ideas that seemed the most consistent with current
procedure for identifying different version applications. For the
banners, we picked the darkest color background found in the
Administration Panels for each version. This reinforces the default
colors with the appropriate version.

These may change to accomodate the new look of the forum and codex when
they "combine" and merge, but for now, what do you think?

We also need to make a decision about using v1.6 or 1.5 (with v or
without) in the titles and references to denote version.