[wp-docs] new codex page for developers/dev discussion?

Charlie chazen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 02:31:28 GMT 2005

I just finished reading through the archives on the New Pages
discussion; sorry I didn't get to it sooner, didn't realize how deep and
sensitive the issue could be.

I wish to have a page on the codex talking about the current state of
WordPress database support, particularly the interest of including
Postgres and other databases in future releases.  This is following the
suggestion of developer Matt way back in 2004 on a WordPress support
thread about the topic.[1]

In the interests of keeping my newly created page, "Database
Support"[2], from remaining bastardly, where might be a good place to
provide the link-to?  All the sections of the codex seem centered on
end-user support, and not on developer discussion.  Should there be a
"Developer" section on the Main Page?  Might be a good place to include
the wildly popular topics of feature requests &c.

Does anyone object to the page name "Database Support" for this topic?
I can see the verb "support" being ambiguous in this case; someone might
go to the page looking for help on getting their database set up, when I
mean that which WordPress supports.  Any better suggestions?

=Charlie

[1] http://wordpress.org/support/topic.php?id=549
[2] http://codex.wordpress.org/Database_Support