[wp-docs] [New] Working with Templates (and more)

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 20:40:44 GMT 2005

I moved in MDAWaffe's pages related to templates, as referenced in the
first mail in this thread.

Of particular note: I created http://codex.wordpress.org/Templates
which will be the launchpad for all sorts of template-related codex
information. It is the equal of [[Pages]] and [[Template Tags]], and
it's purpose in life is to act as a page summarizing all the available
"template" related information in the Codex.
The page needs editing, and it would be great if it "talked to" the
visitors more, in sentences, and made the template stuff make more
sense. A paragraph or two explaning what templates are etc, with links
in the running text will be cool.

Thanks to MDAWaffe for all this work! Thank you for your patience too.

to-do:
MDAWaffe : can you please check if everything is satisfactory after
the move? i will appreciate it if you could check the "what links
here" for the old user: subpages and check to see that all links point
to the newly moved in pages. Once that is done, let me know and we can
delete the old user: subpages which are now redirects.

Thanks again!

Carthik.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:28:24 -0800, Michael D. Adams <mikea at turbonet.com> wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2005, at 5:53 AM, Carthik Sharma wrote:
> >> http://codex.wordpress.org/User:MDAWaffe/Template_Hierarchy
> > I would suggest "Default Templates" since one could add more templates
> > that these, and this fact could be included in the page as well.
> Fine by me.  With a broader title like that, obviously the page will
> need some more content (as it did anyway).
>
> >> http://codex.wordpress.org/User:MDAWaffe/get_some_templates - Template
> >> Include Tags?
> > Including Template Components ?
> Good.  A section on including general components can be made (i.e.
> TEMPLATEPATH).
>
> mdawaffe

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net