[wp-docs] Question for my WordPress hardening guide

David Eads eads at invisibleinstitute.com
Mon Jun 20 20:51:51 GMT 2005

> If your hardening guide consists of telling people to upgrade to the
> latest version, then that'd be great.

Well, that's why I wanted to know if any older stable branches had
backported patches and all.  I didn't think there was anybody doing that,
so in the draft I've written that there users should run the most current
version available, absolutely no excuses.

I do say that if someone had the time and resources to actually handle
security upgrades for older stable WordPress branches, they could start
such a project.

The hardening guide has other advice (about passwords, encryption, file
permissions, etc) and describes some common classes of attack that a
WordPress user could face.

David