[wp-docs] printed version?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Wed Jul 13 00:41:34 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 20:31 -0400, Michael E. Hancock wrote:
> From: "Ryan Boren" <ryan at boren.nu>
> > That's it.  In other words, if you publish Codex as a book, you must
> > make the "source code" (in this case the Wiki source) available upon
> > request.  Many publishers just ship a CD.
>
> Interesting point here on 'source code'.
>
> Would a PDF file suffice or does it need to be the actual wikified data now
> rendered for the reader?

Well, providing PDF "source" for open source documentation would be a
little tacky, but I think it would suffice. ;-)  Generally, it's the
format of the "origin" document whether it be LaTeX, DocBook, HTML,
Word, etc., but, AFAIK, any editable electronic format will do.  Bits is
bits.

> Or would MediaWiki software have to be delivered as part of that 'source
> code'?

Not the software, just the markup.

Ryan