[wp-docs] The 1.2 conundrum

Craig Hartel craig at nuclearmoose.com
Thu Feb 24 02:53:46 GMT 2005

Kaf Oseo wrote:
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/the_excerpt_rss
>
> You'll see I've edited in a funky "when in 1.2" section under Parameters
> due to the removal of arguments for the tag in 1.5. (When were they
> taken out?! I know they were still there at one point with the beta!!
> ~ahem~)
>
> Do we want or need such references to 1.2 in cases like this? We still
> have the old wiki for 1.2 users, though it's turned off so corrections
> to the docs there are out of the question right now. I'm on the fence.
>
> -Kaf

I think that the wiki should evolve with the software, and that each version
should probably get it's own section. As Owen suggested, it might be nice to
have version-specific CSS and/or other formatting that uniquely identifies
documentation per version, where appropriate.

This is going to require some thought and further discussion. I look forward to
hearing more ideas from everyone.

Craig Hartel.