[wp-docs] A Lessons Contest?

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Thu Apr 7 23:14:43 GMT 2005

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> lorelle at cameraontheroad.com wrote:
>
>> How do you think the contest should work? We need to figure out some
>> ground rules for entries.
>

> I think trying to rank documentation in the same way you might try to
> rank plugins or themes wouldn't work well. I think the goal of the
> competition should be mainly to get more people who aren't currently
> involved in the Codex to overcome their fear and start contributing.
>
> To that end, I think we should figure out some threshold for
> participation and then just pick a prize to randomly award to the pool
> of eligible participants.

"Most complete" might be a good metric, and could be applied to several
different aspects of documentation:
* most complete walk-through
* most complete introduction
etc

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35