[wp-accessibility] status of efforts to improve WordPress Accessibility

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Thu Jun 16 11:17:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Jennifer Sutton <jsuttondc at gmail.com>wrote:

> I thought others might either want to post additional comments and/or we
> might be provided with an update. My guess is that it would be ideal to post
> comments to the blog post, rather than to this list, so that all comments
> will be consolidated there.

Correct, this mailing list is phased out in favor of
http://make.wordpress.org/accessibility/. Soon I'll have it turned off.

I'm  not a programmer, so I cannot contribute code, however, I am most
> interested in improving access to WordPress, both in terms of the front-end
> output, as well as to the administrative back-end.
>
> This kind of work is increasingly important, and the time is right, given
> the status of the Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines (ATAG) from the
> W3C.  For details, see:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-ATAG20-20110426/

I really appreciate you wanting to help. We can use it, for sure. I'd also
love to hear what has come from the ATAG working group that we should be
paying attention to, in particular. The W3C has asked us to provide
feedback, but most of us don't have the time or knowledge to be able to do
that effectively.

Cheers!
Nacin