[HyperDB] wp-config.php and db-config.php

J M jerome.m at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 18:24:48 UTC 2012

hi,

  DB_HOST entry in wp-config, is it still a requirement?  I tried to put a
bogus IP then browsed the site and everything looks fine..  I can go to
wp_admin/ without an issue.. traverse on the site without an issue..
(db-config.php master and slave properly configured)

  Just recently, I was thinking of enabling logging and I found a bunch of
errors saying cant connect to the bogus IP I placed in wp-config.php.

  Do I need to configure something? Do I need to leave the DB_HOST to point
to the master DB in wp-config.php?

tia,