[HyperDB] HyperDB instead of HSCALE

Harry Sufehmi sufehmi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 04:22:14 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Harry Sufehmi <sufehmi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> (2) setup HyperDB so :
>> # writes (new posts/comments/pages/etc) would be done to both database servers
>> # reads would be split 50:50 between DBs
>> After reading the docs, I assume that this is possible.
>
> HyperDB does not do replication for you. You must set up MySQL
> replication and only send writes to a master.
>
> All writes for a database go to a single server (master), but reads
> can be spread out across master and slaves.

Ah, thank you for correcting me on this.

I read that HyperDB **support** replication, and assumed that it
**does** replication. My mistake.

Thank you, I'll start working to try this out in our testlab then.

Anyway, I'm seeing more and more of my clients closing to overload
their server. Nice to see that so many people are enjoying success
with help from Wordpress.

cheers,
Harry