[HyperDB] HyperDB and strange characters

Colin Ogilvie cogilvie at plus.net
Wed Jun 25 12:18:50 GMT 2008

Hi All

I've just been looking at using HyperDB on our Wordpress powered website
(http://community.plus.net/) and have run in to an interesting issue in
our testing environment.

If I define WP_USE_MULTIPLE_DB as true, then I appear to get some
strange characters appearing in the Blog posts, but if i leave it set to
false, then these characters disappear. They appear (in Firefox) to be
white question marks in black diamonds.

Any ideas as to why this would appear with HyperDB and not appear
without HyperDB?

Thanks

Colin

--