[HyperDB] Introductions

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:56:21 GMT 2007

On May 29, 2007, at 9:22 AM, Brian Layman wrote:

> I remember a project that was creating a custom WP spin off for
> Libraries.
> Was that you?

Yes, that's me.

Trying desperately not to fork WP, but build within the plugin API.

Old description:

http://maisonbisson.com/blog/post/11133/

(It's been renamed "Scriblio" since then.)

Two small examples:

http://beyondbrownpaper.plymouth.edu/browse/

http://tamworthlibrary.org/

(I'm ashamed of the ugly theme on the second one, and bugs you'll
find hidden in both *hangs head*)

I've just implemented searching against Sphinx, which is about 100
times faster than mysql's fulltext index for the 200,000 records in
the dataset I'm working with in development, but everything else uses
mysql and tagging from my bsuite plugin and I'm hoping to build
against the 2.3 tagging features as soon as they're stable-ish
(subjects, etc, are just tags).

--Casey