[HyperDB] MySQL Profiler

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Jun 15 05:51:04 GMT 2007

Chris Poteet wrote:
> I want to run this on one of my high-bandwidth client's sites, but I want to
> first know if anyone knows of a good MySQL profiler that I can compare
> before/after performance metrics?

I'm not sure why profiling MySQL would help. HyperDB doesn't make
existing queries faster by itself, it just allows you to distribute them
across many hosts.

A better thing to benchmark would be front-end performance, which is
fairly easy with something like siege or ab. Crank it at your front page
and watch the loads on your web and db box, see which maxes out first,
and then you know where to expand.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com