[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #9202: Github Action: confirms that installing BuddyPress using WP-CLI works successfully

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 24 02:24:41 UTC 2024

#9202: Github Action: confirms that installing BuddyPress using WP-CLI works
successfully
------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  espellcaste       |      Owner:  espellcaste
     Type:  feature request   |     Status:  assigned
Component:  Build/Test Tools  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal            |   Keywords:
------------------------------+-------------------------
 @emaralive brought to my attention recently that WordPress core has a nice
 Github Action/workflow where they test tagged versions officially
 available on WordPress.org. See it [https://github.com/WordPress
 /wordpress-develop/blob/trunk/.github/workflows/install-testing.yml here].

 Currently, our Github Action only test the `trunk` code, not previous
 tagged/versions of BuddyPress (not even beta version). The way the
 WordPress version works is by checking a list of versions and PHP
 versions, see [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/blob/trunk
 /.version-support-php.json here].

 I'd like to start with something less extensive. Maybe the last 3-5
 versions and maybe running once a month only.

 And the goal of this workflow is not meant to test buddypress trunk
 checkouts, but rather tagged versions officially available on
 WordPress.org.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9202>