[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #9179: How can I ensure consistency in BuddyPress activation emails by using the user's first name in the 'To' field instead of the username

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 11 17:38:51 UTC 2024

#9179: How can I ensure consistency in BuddyPress activation emails by using the
user's first name in the 'To' field instead of the username
 Reporter:  arvinram      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Registration  |    Version:  12.5.0
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 I've recently implemented user registration via Buddypress on my website,
 which has proven to be a valuable addition. However, I've encountered a
 minor issue concerning the activation email sent to new users upon
 registration.

 Currently, the activation email addresses the recipient in the "to" field
 using their username (e.g., "To Username"), while addressing them by their
 first name within the body of the email (e.g., "Hello First Name"). This
 incongruence detracts from the overall professionalism of the
 communication and diminishes its personal touch.

 To rectify this matter, I aim to have the activation email address
 recipients by their first name in the "to" field, aligning with the
 personalized tone of the email content.

 My proposed solution involves investigating the email template designated
 for account activation within the WordPress Admin interface, specifically
 navigating to WP Admin -> Emails -> All Emails. If an email template for
 activating accounts exists within this directory, I anticipate that simple
 modifications to this template will enable the desired adjustment.

 By ensuring consistency in addressing users within the activation email,
 we can enhance the user experience and maintain a professional standard
 throughout our communication channels.

 Your insights and assistance in achieving this objective are greatly
 appreciated.
 [[Image(https://i.ibb.co/vPMGt4Z/untitled1.png)]]

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9179>