[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #9170: BP REST API Messages Endpoint - "raw" property missing from subject/excerpt/message nodes

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 5 12:52:47 UTC 2024

#9170: BP REST API Messages Endpoint - "raw" property missing from
subject/excerpt/message nodes
 Reporter:  niftythree    |      Owner:  espellcaste
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  REST API      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 Hi there,

 We've noticed a problem with the "/messages" endpoint where the "raw"
 version of the subject/excerpt/message is missing from the data returned
 (only the "rendered" version is returned). See first image.

 Comparatively, the "messages" node which provides each of the messages in
 the thread does contain the raw data. See second image.

 Our app only processes the raw portion and presents it to the user,
 unfortunately we cannot use the rendered version as we would like to
 display the data (including any emojis) as natively to the device as
 possible.

 We believe the raw data should also be included in the messages endpoint?

 We've tested all of the above with the following set-up:
 * WordPress version: 6.5.3
 * BuddyPress version: 12.5.0
 * BuddyPress Template: Legacy
 * Theme: Twenty Twenty-Four
 * Plugins active: BuddyPress, JSON Basic Authentication
 (https://github.com/WP-API/Basic-Auth)
 * PHP: 7.4

 Thanks.

--