[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8873: Fatal error when the Activity Akismet history is empty (Single Activity WP Admin screen)

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 30 07:54:18 UTC 2023

#8873: Fatal error when the Activity Akismet history is empty (Single Activity WP
Admin screen)
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  mystichrome   |       Owner:  imath
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by imath):

 * owner:  (none) => imath
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In [changeset:"13467" 13467]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="13467"
 Improve how the `BP_Akismet()` class displays an activity history

 When the Akismet plugin is active and is used to prevent BP Activity
 spams, each Activity item gets an Akismet history. This history is only
 generated for activities being posted once Akismet is on. As a result,
 there can be old activities with no history. To avoid potential PHP
 errors/notices, we need to verify the Activity Meta used to store the
 history is an array and has a `time` key.

 As we are dealing with the latest history entry only, we do not need to
 sort the Activity Meta.

 To display the activity history into its single WP Admin screen, we now
 need to use the `time` & `message` keys of the Activity Meta.

 Props mystichrome

 Fixes #8873 (11.0 branch)
 }}}

--