[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8590: Various object cache groups are called upon, but were never actually created

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 16 17:29:17 UTC 2022

#8590: Various object cache groups are called upon, but were never actually
created
------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  nickchomey                    |       Owner:  espellcaste
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by nickchomey):

 p.s. My PR to BuddyBoss ended up being incorporated into a far larger
 Performance-focused overhaul of the entire BuddyBoss platform. They made
 immense changes to the object and static caching, which resulted in
 considerable performance improvements.

 While my initial PR was simple, I'm not sure how you'd incorporate it all
 of this into BuddyPress. Re-forking BuddyBoss seems to be the right call
 here. Or just focusing on creating a high-quality, open-source theme for
 BuddyBoss.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8590#comment:5>