[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8772: Introduce a filter to allow BP directory pages status to be different than `publish`

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 29 21:43:51 UTC 2022

#8772: Introduce a filter to allow BP directory pages status to be different than
`publish`
-------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  imath        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core         |    Version:  1.5
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------
 I believe to make the BP Rewrites plugin more attractive so that it get
 more users to test using BuddyPress with the WP Rewrite API, we should
 test some other features like the visibility one we discussed about here:
 #8734 (restricting BP pages to members). That's why I've been working on
 implementing it from this [https://github.com/buddypress/bp-
 rewrites/pull/44 PR], I recently merged.

 I noticed doing so it wasn't easy to use a different status than `publish`
 when querying for directory pages. I believe we should make it easier
 instead of filtering the `query` hook like I did
 [https://github.com/buddypress/bp-
 rewrites/blob/trunk/inc/functions.php#L665|L677 there].

 That's why I plan on introducing a filter to allow the use of other
 registered post stati.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8772>