[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8578: "Send To" field text/recipient of new message thread cleared when user attempts to send message without a "Subject" or "Message" text

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 28 11:40:47 UTC 2021

#8578: "Send To" field text/recipient of new message thread cleared when user
attempts to send message without a "Subject" or "Message" text
 Reporter:  niftythree    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Messages      |    Version:  9.1.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 Hello,

 We've noticed that if a user attempts to start a new message thread, but
 doesn't include a "Subject" or any content within the "Message" field, and
 attempts to send the message, then the "Send To" text/recipient will be
 cleared.

 We're using BuddyPress version 9.1.1 and the Legacy template pack. We've
 tested this on a clean install, with no other plugins, and using a default
 WordPress theme.

 Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8578>