[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8581: Extending no content activities with images and call of actions
noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 22 21:13:17 UTC 2021
#8581: Extending no content activities with images and call of actions
Reporter: vapvarun | Owner: (none)
Type: feature request | Status: new
Priority: normal | Milestone: 10.0.0
Component: Activity | Version:
Severity: normal | Resolution:
Keywords: has-patch |
Changes (by imath):
* keywords: needs-refresh => has-patch
patch] I’m suggesting about the need to use the profile image file the way
it was at the time when the activity was generated (the `b.` point of my
previous [#comment:7 comment]).
1. Improve the BP Attachments API so that it can manage file revisions (It
will be useful for the BP Attachments feature as a plugin) and
avatar/cover images history.
2. Instead of deleting an avatar when it’s being changed, move it to an
3. Avoid using an activity meta to store the previous avatar. Instead, use
the date the activity was created on and edit the way we name avatars so
that it uses a timestamp instead of `uniqid()`. To achieve this I had to
edit a bunch of functions to transport the exact same timestamp the
avatars were created inside the `bp_members_new_avatar_activity` function
to use this timestamp as the activity date.
4. Introduce 2 new core functions: `bp_attachments_list_directory_files()`
and `bp_attachments_list_directory_files_recursively()`. The second one
help use to return the current and historical avatars inside a flat array.
5. Introduce the `bp_avatar_get_version_src()` function to get the user
avatar according to the date it was created.
6. Force `bp_activity_has_content()` to be true for `new_avatar` activity
having an existing avatar for the activity date. See the
activity-template.php#L1434|L1459 code here].
7. Add a late filter to `’bp_get_activity_content_body’` to generate the
rich content. See the
activity-filters.php#L845|L876 code here]. For now it simply outputs the
@vapvarun you’ll be mostly interested in 6 & 7 to generate your rich
NB: when possible we should always try to avoid template actions such as
`'bp_activity_entry_content’` as these kind of actions might miss inside
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8581#comment:17>
BuddyPress Trac <http://buddypress.org/>
More information about the buddypress-trac