[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8598: Incorrect warning message and blurry uploaded avatars when avatar upload size is customised

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 5 08:00:21 UTC 2021

#8598: Incorrect warning message and blurry uploaded avatars when avatar upload
size is customised
 Reporter:  niftythree    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core          |    Version:  9.1.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 Hello,

 When customising avatars (as mentioned here -
 https://codex.buddypress.org/themes/guides/customizing-buddypress-
 avatars/), setting larger full width and height (such as 350x400px), the
 message "You have selected an image that is smaller than recommended. For
 best results, upload a picture larger than 350 x 400 pixels." appears. The
 image being uploaded is 2000x3000px, so the image is large enough. When
 proceeding to crop the image, the final image is of poor quality (blurry).

 We're using BuddyPress version 9.1.1 and the Legacy template pack. We've
 tested this with no other plugins and using a default WordPress theme
 (we've tested using Twenty Twenty-One, Twenty Twenty and Twenty Nineteen).

 We're aware of this previous post (https://buddypress.org/support/topic
 /avatar-upload-wrong-size-message-is-wrong/) but given we've tested using
 default themes, we don't believe that the theme or any plugins are
 interfering.

 Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8598>